Best Bike Rack For Cruiser Bike
There are so many bike rack choices out there that I put together this guide to know your needs and to inform you about some of your options in the shop today. But before we get into the nitty brave let’s discuss why you may need a bike rack. Why don’t you bike to where you want to ride? Do you need a stand or a car at all when you can bike from your dwelling?
This is a valid question. Emissions at car trips being less or 5 miles why not just ride your bike from your residence.
Here are the best bike racks for cruiser bikes you need:
1. Kuat NV 2
Kuat NV 2.0 Bike Rack, Gray Metallic, 2" Hitch Size
- 2 Bike capacity up to 60 lbs. each
- Holds wheelbases up to 48" and tires as large as 4.8"
- Adjustable front tire cradle system
- Fully integrated cable locks
- No-tool install with hand tight hitch cam system
If I had the $549.00 I would go with the Kuat NV 2. It’s a hitch mounting rack that fits 1.25 in or 2 in recipients and can hold up to 120lbs. Its arms retract down to lock the bike set up and come up with the front wheel. I can handle up to 2 bikes with consent for 3 in. Tires and that is the excellent part. When in the up condition this rack has a bike stand for adjustments or easy cleanup. It’s incorporated cable locks as well so that you don’t have to worry when you go out for hamburgers on the way home.
2. Thule Doubletrack
Thule 990XT Doubletrack Bike Hitch Rack
- Transports 2 bikes via vehicle's 1-1/4 inch, or 2 inch hitch receivers
- Wheel trays slide independently along platforms to eliminate bike-to-bike contact
- Reinforced wheel trays serve as platforms to eliminate bike-to-bike contact
- Ratcheting wheel strap quickly secures wheels to trays
- Hitch Switch lever folds and stores platform when not in use
Clocking in at $300, this trusted Thule alternative is hitch mounting rack, a two bike. It retains motorcycles using a rubber dish for those wheels but accommodates a 48in wheelbase. This option is, in fact, a bit lighter than the previous at approximately 47lbs. It comes with links as well. It has an adaptable hook that presses down on the tube. If you do not like that and are concerned about some paint scuffing, use where the frame would touch any parts to be protected by some water pipe foam.
3. Saris Bones 2
Saris Bones 2 Bike Trunk Rack, Black
- Injection -molded arms and legs are the strongest on the market
- Built with 100% recyclable, non-rusting materials
- Ratcheting hold downs are easy to adjust
- Carries 2 bikes (35lbs/bike)
The Saris Bones 2 is a trunk mounting rack that uses straps and rubber feet to hold two cycles to the trunk of your car or truck. At $150 it is far cheaper than the other models as well as much considering it is made from plastic. Again although the product spec says it will fit bike designs, I would be concerned about measure bikes or even mountain bikes that have a more compressed a frame.
4. Thule T2 XTR2
Thule T2 Pro XT 2 Hitch Bike Rack (2")
- Premium platform hitch bike rack for 2-4 bikes
- Tool free Auto Attach system makes it easy to install and remove
- Quickly secure bikes without frame contact
- Rack tilts down for rear of vehicle access and folds up when not in use
- Fits 20 - 29 " wheels, fat bikes with up to 5" tires, and hub spacing up to 197 mm
The Thule T2 XTR2 is similar to the Kuat NV two but a whole cheaper. They both come, but after doing some research, I think Kurt might have better customer care easier with an online request support center so that you don’t need to call some office somewhere. The XTR2 comes with space and an integrated cable lock for tires of 3 inches. It uses the same arm feature that locks down on the front tire, so you don’t have any frame contact.
5. Saris Freedom 2
Saris Freedom 2-Bike Hitch Car Rack Tray
- Hitch mounted rack carries up to two bikes, Rack adjusts to fit all bike frame sizes, up to 60 lbs. each
- Ratcheting straps keep any size bike secure, Universal hitch fits 1 ¼" and 2" hitches
- Add wheel holders to your Freedom rack to fit Fat Tire bikes
- This rack fits a wheelbase up to 48" right out of the box. If your bike has a longer wheel base, you will need our long wheelbase bar
- Lifetime Warranty, Made in USA
The Saris Freedom 2 is the lightweight option. It costs $260, and you also get a good deal of the very same features as some of the other tray-style hitch racks. Your bike’s wheels fit into services on the strap and the bottom of a vertical post using bands. This rack outfits both 1.25 and 2 in hitch customers.